The Landlord Notification Receipt, or TM.30 is a form that foreign residents in Thailand must submit whenever they stay elsewhere from their registered address. It is a huge pain in the butt!

It is your landlord’s responsibility to notify Immigration of any foreigner staying on his or her property within 24 hours or be fined 1,600 baht per adult in that property. Foreigners DO NOT pay this fine.

Your landlord or landlady can either do this online (click here) or visit Immigration, however they may ask you to go with them. Here are the documents your landlord or landlady will have to prepare:


Some expats aim to get 10,000 signatures on a petition to do away with the TM-30 Foreigners Reporting Form: “We are a representative group of foreign and Thai people living in Thailand with Thai spouses or partners and Thai children. We work here, contribute to the community and the economy of the country. We love Thailand and do our best to stay compliant with local laws. Recently, the new rules applied at immigration are causing huge problems for the foreigner community and some of whom who have lived here and have caused no problems at all with the Thai authorities. Under Article 37, any foreigner residing in Thailand who visits another province for more than 24 hours must report to immigration. There are 77 provinces in Thailand. This means if a foreign teacher lives in Buriram and decides to spend a weekend in Surin, on Monday morning, he can’t teach. He must report to immigration. …. Please accept this letter as a suggestion and as a means to resolve one issue… The full petition can be found here.

Leave a Reply

You have to agree to the comment policy.