Personally, I chose to get healthy in Thailand because, after my business melted down during the financial crisis, I was strung out and depressed. Fortunately, it’s easier to get healthy here than anywhere on earth. Here’s what I mean:
- Two hour massages every day ($10)
- Swimming laps in a saltwater pool ($3)
- Eating fresh, exotic fruits and vegetables ($7/day)
- Yoga classes with famous yoga teachers ($8)
Yoga is a simple, gentle method of stretching and relaxing every muscle and tendon in the body. Nobody cares how “good” you are, because it’s completely non-competitive. Every body is different, everyone has different needs. Everyone moves at their own pace. The only thing everyone has in common is feeling wonderful at the end of yoga class and for the days that follow. Practicing yoga is excellent anywhere in the world, but yoga in Chiang Mai is something special. Learn more about where to practice yoga in Chiang Mai here.
It’s even easier to to stay healthy than get healthy in Chiang Mai. Whenever I feel like a break I eat a 3-course Buddhist vegetarian lunch in a Thai garden ($4).
Once you’ve gotten healthy here you’ll have a whole new outlook on life. Your energy level will double and things you never even considered before will now seem not only attractive–but possible. Maybe a hike into Burma? The border is only a few hours away. Or snorkeling at Pattaya Beach? Or starting a business? It’s amazing what extra energy does too your point of view…
Incidentally, all these healthy things – plus even more comprehensive medical tests and attention – are included in our personalized Health Day. If you’re serious about getting your health in order, this program is a must – even better, it won’t cost you an arm and a leg!
More Reading on Getting Healthy in Thailand
- The Healthy Side of Thai Food – Getting Your Green Fix | Bangkok … – Thai food is full of delicious oddities that consistently delight even the most provincialized palate. What’s more exciting about a lot of Thai food than the incredible taste? The fact that it’s so healthy!
- Getting a Foot Massage by a Prison Inmate in Chiang Mai, Thailand – Massage parlors are like tuk tuks in Thailand, they are everywhere. And at four bucks a pop for an hour foot massage, it would have been a shame not to indulge. Especially, right after spending the hot morning walking miles …